Thursday, March 29, 2012

It Really Is Worth It All

Daughter Ashley sent this picture today of the girls on their way to the library for story time.  Seeing my grand-daughters so happy and safe gives real meaning to so many of the decisions Rebecca and I have made over the course of our life together.  The hard work of making a marriage work and sacrificing to provide for a family, the decision to serve in the military and pass on a heritage of service, the decisions to circumscribe our desires and keep our passions within due bounds by living the Christian life- all of these things and so many more seem more worthwhile than ever when I see a picture such as this.   If there is anyone out there struggling with life's realities who is considering giving up, or wondering if it is all worth it, I hope you can take my word that it is worth it all when we consider the impact we have on the people we love.  Stay the course my friends.  We may never know the good we do and the difference we make in the lives of others.

1 comment:

Cats Corner said...

Lovely photo and proves your point brilliantly :-)